Thursday 12 March 2015

GRILLED FETA CHEESE SANDWICH

MAD for MUSIC & MUNCHIES



I watch the Grammys for the same reasons I watch the Super Bowl. I like to eat. And I like to see outrageously talented people behaving outrageously. Happily, I've found a like-minded companion in my niece, Madi. We've committed ourselves to a lifetime of Grammy critiquing, as we chomp our way through the fashion and lip synching extravaganza known as...oh wait, I think that's the Superbowl.

In any case, alternately praising and mocking the spectacles before us can be quite draining. Madi and I need our sustenance, so from now on we will begin our feasting frenzy with this well-dressed, uptown goodness. Inspired by Martha Rose Schulman, it perfectly sets the stage for the night ahead.

Trust me, this Grilled Cheese sings.




GRILLED FETA CHEESE SANDWICH
   with Peppers, Artichokes and Greens

Makes one sandwich:

1/4 cup chopped roasted red pepper (jarred is fine)
1/4 cup chopped marinated artichoke heart (jarred is fine)
1/4 cup packed baby spinach, finely chopped
1/4 cup crumbled feta
2 slices whole grain bread
Olive oil

Mash first four ingredients together. Place feta cheese mixture on one slice of bread and spread evenly. Top with second slice and press sandwich together. Brush both sides of sandwich with olive oil.

Toast in toaster oven until cheese melts, 3-4 minutes. 

Remove from oven, press down and slice in half.

Best enjoyed with a music loving sidekick.




No comments:

Post a Comment